Adam's 2021 2 Round Mock Draft 2.0
Hello NFL Draft fans! Welcome to my 2nd mock draft of the year. This mock will feature 2 rounds with no trades. Guessing trades is almost next to impossible. I am not smart enough to attempt to guess what each team is going to pick, let alone possible trades.
I went for some crazy picks. I was always taught, go with your gut and do not follow the crowds. That is exactly what I did here. I went with my gut and went big.
With franchise tags all handed out and free agency right around the corner, I present to you my second of three mock drafts. I published a mock draft in mid-January, and let me be honest: it was not great. However, I have learned from my mistakes and I am presenting a brand new mock for you all.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson
I heard that Lawrence already bought a house in Jacksonville. I personally would have waited until I got that signing bonus. I guess his fiancée wanted to get moved in and settled before Trevor has to start working.
2. New York Jets- Justin Fields QB Ohio State
Many people think Zach Wilson goes 2nd overall, but I am really high on Fields. Jets screwed themselves by winning 2 games and losing out on Lawrence, now they have to do their homework and actually make a tough choice. Justin Fields is built for big moments and a big market. No bigger market than New York City (even though the Jets play in New Jersey.)
3. Miami Dolphins- Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
With Chris Godwin and Allen Robinson both getting the franchise tag, the free agent WR pool is much smaller. The chances of Kenny Golladay signing in Miami got much smaller. The one thing they can do to guarantee a big time WR is to draft Chase.
4. Atlanta Falcons- Micah Parsons LB Penn State
Atlanta's defense in 2020 was horrible. I know people think they will move on from Matt Ryan, but their defense needs major attention first. Many people think reports of off the field issues will cause him to drop. If you have not read my article on him, you definitely should. Clearly outlines what happened and why he should not fall.
5. Cincinnati Bengals- Penei Sewell OT Oregon
Joe Burrow tore his ACL in week 11 because his offensive line couldn't protect him. You have your franchise QB coming off a nasty injury. The top priority is to protect him at all costs.
6. Philadelphia Eagles- Kyle Pitts Playmaker Florida
I am super high on Kyle Pitts. I have written many different articles on why the Eagles should draft him. Any negative narrative you have on Pitts is incorrect. Best playmaker in this draft is Pitts. The Eagles are getting a generational talent.
7. Detroit Lions- Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones will not be Lions next season. I feel bad for Jared Goff. He went from living in Malibu to Detroit. Do not torture him anymore, get the man some WR help.
8. Carolina Panthers- Zach Wilson QB BYU
I heard reports that they will trade up to get Wilson. Matt Rhule if you are reading this, stay patient and watch Wilson fall right into your lap. Panthers get a pro ready QB that will help get them back to the playoffs year 1.
9. Denver Broncos- Patrick Surtain II CB Alabama
Denver is in a good spot here. They have the option of almost every defensive player in this draft. They need major help in the CB room. They see Tyreek Hill and Keenan Allen multiple times a year, they need to attempt to stop them at some point.
10. Dallas Cowboys- Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
Well Dak is the QB of the future and he is recovering from a devastating injury. He is a warrior and needs to be protected. Dallas is investing a lot of money in Dak, and they need to invest in protecting him now.
11. New York Giants- DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
At some point Daniel Jones' struggles have to be a result of his lack of weapons. With Golden Tate being released and Smith available, it is a perfect scenario. Jones gets a new WR. Now when he struggles, at least it will not be blamed on his lack of support.
12. San Francisco 49ers- Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech
Many people think they will go QB here. However, if the 49ers want to make a run at the Super Bowl this season, you can not do that with a rookie QB. Since they will probably trade or sign someone, focus on defense and take Farley.
13. Los Angelas Chargers- Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern
Charger fans want the same thing Bengals fans want. Make sure their new franchise QB does not get hurt. Unfortunately for Bengals fans they were to late, the Chargers have a chance to avoid that problem.
14. Minnesota Vikings- Gregory Rousseau EDGE Miami (FL)
Minnesota needs some major help on the defensive line. He played very little in college, but the NFL Draft is all about taking risks.
15. New England Patriots- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
Many people expect the Patriots to take a WR or a QB. DeVonta Smith didn't fall in this mock and Bill will find a sleeper QB in the 6th round. They need help at LB as well. They get an absolute gem that will make a huge impact.
16. Arizona Cardinals- Najee Harris RB Alabama
The QB should not be the second leading rusher on your team. I know the Cardinals have much bigger needs than RB, but Najee is a big name in this draft and Kingsbury will love that addition to his offense. This is an offense first team and Kingsbury will love to get his hands on the top RB in this class.
17. Las Vegas Raiders- Kwity Paye EDGE Michigan
Just like Minnesota, the Raiders need help on the defensive line. Kwity Paye very well could go as high as 4 for me. Jon Gruden won't let him fall any further than 17 and takes the former Wolverine.
18. Miami Dolphins- Alijah Vera-Tucker OT Southern California
Everyone is talking about the Dolphins trading the 3rd pick, and I think this is the pick they trade. I really had a hard time with this pick and since I am not doing trades, I have them protecting Tua and getting some offensive line help.
19. Washington Football Team- Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
Washington is going to be a favorable destination for QB's this offseason. Since they should have a new QB by the draft, this pick should focused on getting them a receiver. Bateman is super underrated and they are getting a steal here at 19.
20. Chicago Bears- Azeez Ojulari EDGE Georgia
The Bears were hoping that Bateman is going to fall to them at 20. Now they are scrambling trying to find a backup plan. Introducing Chicago's panic pick!
21. Indianpolis Colts- Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina
The Colts have their new franchise QB and will be a popular destination for free agent WR's in Kenny Golladay and Antonio Brown. With 2nd year receiver Michael Pittman expected to improve tremendously they can focus on other needs. If Horn falls, the Colts should do everything in their power to make sure he is a Colt.
22. Tennessee Titans- Christian Barmore DT Alabama
There are a lot of different directions that the Titans can go here at 22. I believe they trade back. Teams late in the first might want to move up and I see Tennessee willing to trade back. However, there are no trades in this mock so I gave them some defensive line help.
23. New York Jets- Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse
The AFC East is about to be loaded with WR's. Ja'Marr Chase to Miami, Stefon Diggs in Buffalo, the random WR the Patriots will draft that will be an instant star. The Jets need to get some CB help so they do not get burned each divisional game.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Mac Jones QB Alabama
Mac Jones before Trey Lance? Absolutely, Lance's stock is slowly falling and Jones stock is slowly rising. Big Ben will not last the season, and Jones will be ready in his rookie season to step in and lead them to a Super Bowl. He was patient at Alabama and he will be patient in Pittsburgh.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevon Moehrig S Texas Christian
Urban Meyer has drafted his new franchise QB earlier. They have a lot of cap space to sign some offensive weapons or draft some earlier. They have an opportunity to focus on the defense and get the best safety in the draft.
26. Cleveland Browns- Zaven Collins LB Tulsa
Browns need some major LB help. This is one of their areas that need to improve to make a Super Bowl run. I love Zaven going here. It may be biased to the idea that I am the G5 specialist for The Cut. The best defender in college football last season, Browns fans will love this guy.
27. Baltimore Ravens- Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU
The worst receiving team in football was the Ravens in 2020. They are Super Bowl contenders in 2021. Lamar is in his prime and he needs some WR help. The forgotten member of the 2019 LSU Tigers, he put up equal numbers in 2020 compared to 2019 in half the amount of games.
28. New Orleans Saints- Joseph Ossai EDGE Texas
There is a lot of talk of the Saints drafting a QB here at 28. I firmly believe that Jameis Winston is their QB next season. With Taysom Hill and Winston on the roster, there is no reason why they should use this pick to draft a QB. They are losing some players on their defensive line to free agency, this is a great opportunity to help fill the voids.
29. Green Bay Packers- Samuel Cosmi OT Texas
Packers have a struggling offensive line. If they are serious about going all in on a Super Bowl, they need to build a strong offensive line.
30. Buffalo Bills- Travis Etienne RB Clemson
The Bills missing piece to a Super Bowl run is a RB. I know people will not be happy with 2 RB's going in the first round, but I think this is a smart pick for them.
31. Kansas City Chiefs- Nick Bolton LB Missouri
The Chiefs lost the Super Bowl for two reasons. One Tom Brady is the GOAT and the Bucs LB's played phenomenal. They can't draft Tom Brady with this pick, but they can draft a LB.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
#12 is not getting any younger. The older you get the more fragile your body gets. Protect Tom at all costs.
33. Jacksonville- Pat Freiermuth TE Penn State
34. New York (A)- Kadarius Toney WR Florida
35. Atlanta- Tyson Campbell CB Georgia
36. Miami- Wyatt Davis OG Ohio State
37. Philadelphia- Asante Samuel Jr. CB Florida State
38. Cincinnati- Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State
39. Carolina- Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
40. Denver- Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
41. Detroit- Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington
42. New York (N)- Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL)
43.San Franciso- Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama
44. Dallas- Jay Tufele- DT Southern California
45. Jacksonville- Richie Grant S Central Florida
46. New England- Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri
47. Los Angelas Chargers- Greg Newsome II CB Northwestern
48. Las Vegas- Baron Browning LB Ohio State
49. Arizona- Ronnie Perkins EDGE Oklahoma
50. Miami- Jabril Cox LB LSU
51. Washington- Landon Dickerson OC Alabama
52. Chicago- Rondale Moore WR Purdue
53. Tennessee- Carlos Basham Jr EDGE Wake Forest
54. Indianpolis- Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame
55.Pittsburgh- Javonte Williams RB North Carolina
56. Seattle- Creed Humphrey
57.Rams- Trey Smith OG Tennessee
58. Baltimore- Jordan Smith EDGE UAB
59. Cleveland Alim McNeil DT North Carolina State
60. New Orleans- Aaron Robinson CB Central Florida
61. Buffalo- Pete Werner LB Ohio State
62. Green Bay- Amon-Ra St. Brown WR Southern California
63. Kansas City- Deonte Brown OG Alabama
64. Tampa Bay- Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss
If you are still reading, I applaud you. Like I said earlier, I went for some crazy picks. I am sure people will call me all type of names because of this. However, I guarantee when one of these crazy picks comes true, I will be the first person to tell you I told you so!